Gerald V. Burke, M.D., Esq.
Chairperson– Physicians & Practitioners
Gerald V. Burke, M.D., Esq. received his JD from Rutgers University, School of Law in Camden and his medical degree from Hahnemann Medical College, School of Medicine in Philadelphia. Attorney Burke’s practice focuses on legal issues faced by Physicians, Physician-Hospital Organizations (PHOs), Independent Practice Associations (IPAs), Physician Practice-Management Companies (PPMCs), Management Service Organizations (MSOs) and Ambulatory Care Facilities and Centers (ASCs).
Attorney Burke’s medical experience and background compliments the firm’s areas of practice including representation before professional boards; establishment of medical practices; leases, purchase and sale of medical practices; shareholder and partnership agreements; medical reimbursement issues and medical staff representation. In addition he provides great value when retained by physicians, skilled nursing facilities and other licensed healthcare providers as “shadow counsel” to monitor a professional liability insurance carrier’s appointed defense counsel to ensure that the licensee has an attorney focusing exclusively on his or her protection.
Currently, Dr. Burke maintains a private practice in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, is Medical Director of the Options Pregnancy Care Center as well as being on the active staff, serving as Chief of Section of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center. He has authored articles and lectured on his medical speciality.
- Personal Counsel
- Professional Licensure
- Professional Practice Establishment
- Professional Staff Representation
- Professional Business Contracts & Leases
- Medical Reimbursement
- New Jersey Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Rutgers University, School of Law, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. – 2008
- Hahnemann Medical College, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- M.D., with honors – 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member New Jersey State Bar Association
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New Jersey Section, 1992 to Present, Council Member
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine, 1984 to present
- New Jersey Obstetrical and Gynecology Society, 1986 to present, Council Member 1988 to present, Secretary, 1991 – 1993, Vice President, 1993 – 1994, President Elect, 1994 – 1995, President 1995-1996
- New Jersey Obstetrics and Gynecology Society, 1988 to Present, President 1992-1993
- West Jersey Medical Society, 1985 to Present, Secretary, 2003 – 2004, Treasurer,2004 -2005. Vice President, 2006 -2007, President, 2007 – 2008
- Philadelphia Medical Club, 1995 to Present
- Philadelphia Area Reproductive Endocrine Society, 1992 – Present, Member, Board of Trustees since May 2009, President Elect, 2014
- Reviewer for the State Board of Medical Examiners of the State of New Jersey, 1989 – Present
- Member of the Board of Trustees of The Old Taunton Colony Club, 2008 – Present, Secretary, 2014
- Member of the Board of the Pavillons of Voorhees, 2009 – Present, President, 2014
- Southern New Jersey Catholic Medical Association, 2003 – Present, President, 2014
Gerald V. Burke, MD., Esq. Associate Barmak and Associates, LLC 29 Emmons Drive, Suite A-20 Princeton, NJ 08540 Tel: (609) 454-5351 Fax: (609) 454-5361 Email: email@example.com V-Card – Gerald V. Burke, M.D., Esq.