Healthcare Employment Law Attorneys
In matters involving healthcare law, the healthcare attorneys at Barmak and Associates, LLC focus on proactive measures, such as conducting internal reviews of our clients’ documentation and procedures.Our goal is to help you avoid problems by ensuring employee handbooks and other important documents comply with all state and federal mandates and with our recommended best practices for healthcare providers.
Barmak and Associates counsel clients in the following areas:
- Background investigations
- Proper interviewing techniques
- Job descriptions and performance evaluations
- Wage and hour law compliance and overtime issues
- Preventing sexual harassment and discrimination
- Prevention of wrongful termination claims
- Using exit interviews
- Defending healthcare providers before professional board reviews/hearings
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Our legal team provides guidance to clients regarding a wide range of issues, such as the New Jersey Healthcare Professional Responsibility & Reporting Enhancement Act (Nurse Cullen Law), treatment of excluded Medicare and Medicaid licensed professionals, the New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA), New Jersey Violence Prevention in Health Care Facilities Act, and documenting and dealing with employee misconduct.
Contact us, so we can evaluate your situation and develop strategies that are customized to provide you with the protection and direction you need.
Our New Jersey healthcare employment law attorneys are licensed in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Pennsylvania and we network with other healthcare law firms around the country.