David S. Barmak, Esq.
Chairperson – Skilled Nursing Facilities
David S. Barmak, Esq. received a JD from Cornell University and a BA from Duke University . David has lectured and written on issues affecting health care providers and organizations, including, but not limited to, corporate compliance programs, antitrust concerns, integrated delivery systems and managed care contracting. David Barmak’s legal expertise is in the areas of corporate compliance, risk management, human resources and operational legal affairs.
David has a strong background in operations, having served as both the Associate Administrator and General Counsel for a large New York Certified Home Health Agency, initiating and directing a New York Licensed Home Care Services Agency as well as owning and operating a Durable Medical Equipment company.
David is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Connecticut as well as the US District of New Jersey and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Areas of Practice
- Healthcare Law
- Healthcare Regulatory Compliance
- Fraud, Waste & Abuse Counseling
- Privacy & Data Security Counseling
- Nursing Home & Assisted Living Defense
- Employment Law
- Managed Care
- Commercial Transactions
- Litigation & Appeals
- New York Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- Connecticut Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Cornell Law School Ithaca, New York
- J.D. – 1983
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- B.A.Economics – 1980
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Board of Directors, New Jersey Bar Association, Health and Hospital Section 2004 to present, Vice-Chair 2008-2009, Chair 2009-2010, Emeritus, 2014
- Leading Age NJ Business Member and Member of By-Laws Committee
- Member of New Jersey Chapter of the American College of Health Care Administrators